Amazon Creative uses
1. Alexa Cast Feature– if you have multiple Echo devices, you can send that music to another speaker in another area of the house.
2. Alexa Guard– Say, “Alexa, I’m leaving” and the voice assistant will start listening for signs of a break-in, like glass breaking. When you arrive back home, you can say, “Alexa, I’m home, and it will stop listening for noises.
3. Donate to charity with Alexa– there are over 300 options to choose from that you send to with Amazon Echo. When you say, “Alexa, I’d like to make a donatin,” the voice assistant will ask which charity you’d like to give to. Then Alexa will ask how much you want to donate. Note that you’ll need to have Amazon Pay set up before trying to send your donation.
4. Shop on Amazon with Alexa– when you’re running low on house supplies, like paper towels or toothpaste, you can ask Alexa to order some for you through Prime Now.
Open the app to Menu>Settings>Account settings> Voice Purchasing and toggle the Purchase by voice setting on. When you’re ready to buy something, say, for example, “Alexa, I’d like to purchase toothpaste.” The product will be added to your cart and Alexa will ask you to confirm that you want to buy it now.
You can add a PIN code in the same settings so that only you can make purchases on your ECHO speaker.
5. Find your lost phone with Alexa-Losing your phone in the house happens way more often than you’d like to admit. And when you don’t have anyone around to call it for you, it can be frustrating trying to track it down on your own. You can ask Alexa to call your phone, but if it’s on silent, that won’t work. Another option is to download the Find My Phone skill in the Alexa app.
Want to know more about what your Amazon Echo can do? Check out these six unusual skills you should try on your Amazon Echo, the four worst places to put your Amazon Echo in your home and how to customize Alexa for a better Amazon Echo experience.
6. Traffic Alerts-Alexa is partnered with HERE, a Nokia Company. Get updated traffic conditions to avoid traffic jams. Note: HERE isn’t available in all locations.
Under the settings menu, select Traffic under Accounts. Add both your home, work addresses and any other stops that you need to make. Once added, you can say “Alexa, what’s my commute?” or “Alexa, what’s the traffic right now?”
7. Ordering food online- Ordering food online is easy with Alexa.
8. Weather Alerts- Receive weather alerts with Amazon Echo. Say, “Alexa, tell me when there’s a severe weather alert,” and she’ll let you know when there’s severe weather headed your way. To allow notifications, open the Alexa app, then navigate to Skills > Your Skills > AccuWeather > Manage Permissions. Turn on notifications, and Alexa will automatically alert you to severe weather by chiming and pulsing yellow.
9. Smart Water Monitor– Alexa and the Moen Flo Smart Water Monitor work together to shut off your water to prevent frozen pipes. The smart monitor attaches right to your home’s main water line, and it uses advanced sensors to detect leaks and monitor the ambient temperature of your pipes.The smart device will send you a notification, and you can ask Alexa to shut off your water before anything bad happens.
10. Appliances that work Amazon Alexa–
Once connected, you can tell Alexa to do things like preheat the oven when you’re ready to cook a meal.
Top Smart Home Appliances: